On April 18, 2019, the Appellate Lawyers Association's annual Advanced Appellate Practice Seminar will feature six presentations by judges and experienced appellate practitioners. The seminar is geared toward seasoned appellate practitioners but will be of great benefit to anyone looking to improve his or her appellate skills. Presentations include:
- Judicial Perspectives
- Justices Nathaniel R. Howse, Jr., and Michael B. Hyman, Illinois Appellate Court, First District
- Justice Mary K. O'Brien, Illinois Appellate Court, Third District
- Justice Richard P. Goldenhersh (Ret.), Illinois Appellate Court, Fifth District
- Standards of Review
- Hugh C. Griffin of Hall Prangel and Schoonveld LLC
- Appellate Ethics
- Steven F. Pflaum of Neil, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP
- Memory Techniques for Appellate Presentations
- Professor Patrick G. Gould of the Appalachian School of Law
- Amicus Filings
- Michael A. Scodro of Mayer Brown LLP
- Electronic Filing Update
- Tina M. Schillaci, Chief Deputy Clerk of the Illinois Appellate Court, First District
Moderated by ALA Vice-President Gretchen Harris Sperry, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP. Additional details, including registration information, may be found after the jump.
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
MCLE: Participants will earn 3.75 hours of MCLE credit, including 0.75 hours of professional responsibility credit. The ALA is an approved MCLE provider.
Location: Mayer Brown LLP, 71 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois
Cost: $35 for public-sector ALA members; $50 for private-sector ALA members; $50 for public-sector nonmembers; and $75 for private-sector nonmembers.
PLEASE NOTE: Registrations processed on-site will be charged an additional $5 administrative fee.
Questions? Call (630) 416-1166, ext. 303
1. Use our online registration system here to register for the event and also pay with a credit card. Or, if you prefer, you can register online but send a check for payment. Please note, credit card payments can only be accepted through the registration process.
2. Mail your completed registration form along with a check payable to ALA to:
Appellate Lawyers Association
1717 North Naper Boulevard, Suite 102
Naperville, IL 60563
Cancellations/Refunds: Cancellations must be received two business days prior to the event in order to receive a full refund. No refunds will be processed after this time. Cancellations must be in writing and may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (630) 596-1418. Additionally, payment is expected from no-shows.